Dental crowns can shield damaged teeth. Due to the material used in the construction of dental crowns, they can be adjusted based on looks, shape, size, and even color. Not only will dental crowns make your smile look better, they can even protect broken teeth from future failure. Here are just a few of the aids that dental crowns can provide:
– A typical dental crown can last a few decades and potentially last a lifetime of normal wear and tear, and if a dental crown is broken or knocked out, it can be easily replaced.
– Dental crowns can be used to effectively hold a dental filling in place in the event that not enough tooth material remains.
– Dental crowns cap and conceal teeth down to the gumline for a full seal that can prevent further tooth decay and other forms of destruction from occurring to a tooth.
– Dental crowns can hold together teeth that have been broken or split apart, and even bind together pieces of broken teeth.
– Dental treatments such as root canals as well as dental bridges and implants can be concealed and shielded with dental crowns.
If you would like to discuss a dental crown treatment with Dr. Craig Thomas and the rest of our team here at Carolina Avenue Dental Care, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Moncks Corner, South Carolina. Our number is 843-899-5911. We look forward to helping you decide which options will work best in your quest for a healthier smile.